A seminar, “A Roadmap for Technology Enhanced Learning Implementation at UKZN”, presented by Prof Rupert Ward (University of Huddersfield , UK) took place at the UTEL TV studio on the 27 August 2018.
Rupert Ward engaged in a discussion with academics who are keen to make use of technology enhanced and blended learning approaches in education. In particular, this session focussed on:
- why academics are reluctant to use technology even though it is easily available at no cost
- why students do not find the time to watch multimedia materials on line
- if they do, does this improve their understanding of key concepts?
- should entire lectures be captured in classrooms and distributed?
- benefits of video recording lectures and distributing them on line
- how video materials may be made interesting in the manner they are produced