- The UTEL Studio complex was custom designed and comprises some of the finest studios in KZN, with built-in lighting grids (DMX controlled), totally sound-proofed, flat floor, fully air-conditioned and proper fireproofing. Both television studios are installed with cycloramas and have green screen options. Details and photographs can be found under the “Studios” pages.
- The facility is located on the first floor of T-Block on UKZN’s Westville campus. Take the lift in L-Block to Floor 1 and follow the signboards to your left. Should you need directions or access to parking, contact Lungani on 0312608792 or email@example.com
- Avoid wearing any blue or green clothing as it will interfere with the chroma key software we use to insert backgrounds.
- If you plan to use a presentation like PowerPoint or Keynote in your video, forward the file to Njabulo Dladla (firstname.lastname@example.org) a day before the scheduled recording so we can check the format and screen sizes, and make any adjustments to save time.
- Try and keep your presentation short (under 30 minutes) as smaller files will transport better through the network and are easier for students to download. If your presentation is long, try and split it up into sections.
- Studio 2 is equipped with smart podium that can display your presentations, and has internet connectivity. You can annotate on the screen if required. A document camera is also available.
- Once edited, we scale and transfer the video file to you for your approval (in .mp4 format) using WeTransfer. The link is emailed to you. Please click on the link and DOWNLOAD or SAVE the file to your computer and play it from there (avoid viewing it from the link). Also note that this link will expire after a short period and no longer be available to you.
- Once you have the video file you can distribute it as you please.
- Should you require the video to be available through Moodle, let us know so we can upload it and email you the embed codes which you (or your course administrator) has to insert by following these steps:
- Log into your Moodle course.
- Turn on editing and add a Page resource.
- In the page content, click on the icon in the top left hand corner to view “all text editor icons”.
- In the 3rd row, click on the code icon <>.
- Copy and paste the embed code (that was sent to you) into this source editor and save the page (make sure you strip out any unwanted HTML code that was added by Outlook).
- The video should now be available on your Moodle page.
- If you need further assistance, contact Academic Computing (email@example.com) and someone will help you.